Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I am being "boyafied"

As most of you know, I have two sisters and no brothers. So, when I got married it was an adjustment to have a husband and be around a boy all the time. (Yes, I know you are a guy too dad but by the time we came along and were old enough to pay attention to what was going on, mom had already had lots of years to work on you). And then, when i found out that I was pregnant, I was scared to have a boy because I was already getting used to one boy...and I didn't know about little boys! Well, Heavenly Father decided that I needed to learn about them and so we got our Brayden. Jason teases me that we are going to be like the family on Home Improvement with all the boys. The thing is...I can totally see our life turning out like that. Well, all except Jason actually knows what he is doing in construction unlike Tim Taylor and does not blow things up. Well, I must really be in need of boy training because I am getting "boyafied". I have to laugh...two weeks ago, I was called as the Den Mother for our ward. Yep...me the Den Mother. It makes me laugh when i think about it. It should be fun and I am looking forward to it. It just seems so fitting!
By the way, Jason also got a calling as the 12-13 year old Sunday school teacher. My first response when we got in the car to go home after talking with the bishopric: "Well just because you are surrounded by 12-13 year olds doesn't mean that you get to act like them. You are supposed to be the example." haha he knew i was teasing...somewhat...
In thinking about it right now, I am already outnumbered at home by males...hmm...maybe their is a girl up there in heaven for our family to help even things out. And if not...well...I'll live and still be happy!

1 comment:

Holly and Steve said...

Hey!!! Our address is 5800 Laurent Dr. #326 Parma, OH 44129.