This past week has been very long...I got a cold and then in turn gave it to Brayden. I tried not to give it to him but it is kind of hard not to when I am the one with him most of the day and he can't really care for himself yet. Brayden caught the cold on Wednesday and it has been downhill since. He continued to get worse and worse and by Friday night, I was ready to take him to the ER. We gave him a blessing first and decided to see what happend. He got a little better and so we didn't take him. Our apartment smelled like a big cough drop from his vaporizer and we spent lots of time shut up in the bathroom with the hot shower steam to help the crupe. I felt so bad for him. He sounded so sad all stuffed up and weezing. I couldnt let him cry for long because it broke my heart so we spent lots of sleepless nights with him. He didn't want to go to sleep and went about a day and a half with about 2 hours of sleep. Despite all of our efforts to get him to sleep nothing worked...not even Benadryl! That made for one miserable little boy which turned into some miserable parents. He woke up this morning a little improved but not much. At least he slept through the night for 10 hours! Yay! When i went to change his diaper after he woke up, I found that he had a rash all over his neck, stomach, and back. I called the doctor as soon as they were open and we got an appointment for this morning. The doctor said it was crupe for sure and that his rash was a product of the virus casuing the crupe. He gave us a perscription for a steroid to help the swelling in his throat go down. We'll see how it works. The happy part of the doctors appointment was that Brayden had grown 2 1/2 inches in the last month which now makes him 27 1/2 inches. He is also 19 pounds...getting to be a little chunky monkey...well...not so much...just heavy with some cute baby rolls! I love them...so cute! We are just taking life one day at a time...just trying to get Brayden better so we can get back to our routine of life.
2 comments:
Oh....sick babies make me sad. That really is no fun for anyone.
Haha...that is so funny. I think that I may be eating for a family of 5 and a couple of dogs after all. :)
Post a Comment