Thursday, October 14, 2010

Madison's headstone

Happily, Madison's headstone came in and was installed. It came in about 2 weeks early. Of course the Lord blessed us once again...The day the cemetery called to tell me it had come in and was installed, Jason, the kids, and I were out running errands. I was saying to Jason that I wished the headstone would come in. It is [was] so sad to go and see an empty space with a patch off dirt and struggling grass. Not five minutes later, the cemetery called and said the headstone had come in really fast and they had gotten it put in that day. Off course, Jason had scouts in an hour and it was rush hour traffic, but he knew I wouldn't be able to relax until I saw it so we decided to go up and see it anyway. We didn't have many options when we chose it because of cemetery guidelines but we are happy the way it turned out. Jason and I's compromise on it was that he could have the vase. It is a VERY southern thing to do and I was against it at first. But, now I can't imagine it without her flowers. Thanks to my mom who basically did the arrangement since I have no knowledge of flower arranging...sadly I picked out the wrong type of flowers for outside weather but I just wanted her to have "real pretty looking flowers". No worries...in a month I get to change it for Christmas!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is a beautiful headstone. and I admit I love the vase, the idea of flowers is so wonderful! love you guys!!