Thursday, June 11, 2009

London is finally home!!!!

Today, London came home and we are so excited! I am also relieved and feel like I can somewhat relax...that is for about 5 seconds until I realize that I have 2 babies!!! I had to laugh at myself because when we got home I told Jason that I was crazy for thinking I never got things done with 1 baby...ha...now I really never get anything done with 2 babies!

We found out yesterday evening that London was going to come home. I was all ready to camp out at the hospital over night to make sure she took all of her bottles but the doctors went ahead and wrote the orders that night so I went home because I knew she would come home. Before going to bed last night, Jason told me to enjoy my last night of good sleep...I said yeah right and that is about how it turned out because Brayden decided to wake up multiple times last night. Oh well. The doctors also pulled the feeding tube last night and it was finally nice to see London without anything taped to her face.

We took London home about 9:30 this morning and, due to hospital protocol, they had to wheel me out of the hospital in a wheel chair. So there is my big picture before we get in the car to come home. When we got home, we were finally able to introduce Brayden to London. He wasn't quite sure what to make of her and was way more interested in his new toy that we gave him at the same time. He got a toy workbench and toy power tools. He is already carrying his hammer and cordless drill around everywhere....he must take after his dad!

London has been a breeze so far...all she does it eat and sleep and then eats again. It made me wonder why I was in such a hurry for Brayden to grow up when being a new baby is so much easier! I have learned my lesson and am fully enjoying London just being a little ity-bity thing.

As the day progressed, Brayden decided that he did not like sharing mama and did not like when I held or fed London or showed her any attention. Lets just say that he has a bit of an adjustment to make now that he is not the center of the world anymore. Thank heavens for Grandma today! She helped to distract Brayden so he wouldn't be so upset. He also did not like that I wouldn't let him steel London's bottle and drink it. I told him that he couldn't have London's bottle and drink her "liquid gold", as this formula is nicknamed since it is the most expensive one out there. The house has turned into Babies 'R' Us with all of Braden's toys, the diapers, bottles, and now the baby swing and bouncy seat to add to the collection. Thank you mom and dad for putting up with us and all of the stuff that is seeming to take over the house!

Tomorrow, we begin the frequent journey to all the many doctors. We kick it off with a visit to the pediatrician tomorrow morning in fact. It has been a bit of a challenge with London home because Brayden has a cold so we are trying to keep them apart so that London does not catch Brayden's cold.

For now, all is well and we are just happy to have London home and to begin a new chapter in our lives. The Lord has blessed us tremendously along this journey and we could not have done it with out all the help from friends and family...especially Grandpa and Grandma Rupp who spent hours and hours babysitting Brayden. Thank you so much.


Brayden with his new toy...his consolation prize for having London come home.
Can you believe that 13 months ago, Brayden looked the same as London does in this car seat? Now he barley fits in it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

AmyAnn said...

Congrats Em ...did you die your hair again?

Lindsey said...

YAY!!! Congratulations to you guys! Enjoy it while she's litte (REALLY little in her case).

Meredith said...

yay!!!!! I am so happy for you!