Monday, June 1, 2009

The end of this long haul may be in sight?...

It has now been 7 weeks and this long haul is starting to feel very much just like that....a long haul. But, we are hoping that the end is in sight and that London can come home within 2 weeks. London is doing terrific! She is 4 lbs. 8oz as of last night. She currently gets a bottle every other feeding (4 times per day) and is doing well at eating them. We are hoping she can advance to 5 bottles today. She has to be able to take 8 bottles and drink the full amount for a couple days before coming home. Today, London gets her final head ultrasound to make sure she has no bleeding in her brain (the last one they did she did not have any but they have to do a final one to make sure) and she gets seen by the GI doctor for her milk protein allergy. The doctor may switch her formula, they may not...we have to see what he thinks about the severity of her allergy first before any decisions are made. It has been a long haul and I am so ready for London to come home. I feel like I have been living at the hospital as I have been going down 3 times a day to feed London her bottle at 8am, 2pm, and 8pm. The nurses were having trouble getting her to eat her whole bottle and I was the only one that could get her to drink the whole bottle, which she has to do to come home, so, I would go down and feed her so she could advance. However, for the past couple of days, she has been eating better for the nurses so that is good. I come home in between feedings instead of staying at the hospital because I don't want to neglect Brayden either. It's been a big balancing act. We are so glad that London is doing so well and I am so excited for her to come home although for as tired as I am now...its only going to get worse. Oh well...such is life with a newborn.
London makes the funniest faces...here are some of them. I don't have a lot of great pictures since the feeding tube makes her nose look funny but oh well. She is still cute to me!


2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am so happy for you- it must be so difficult for you right now. I was just thinking about how having you there to feed her makes such a difference to her development. That little baby knows her mother. It's amazing! It's so hard on you to be going in so much but it is such a blessing to her. And I love the pictures- it is great to see her little face! She is beautiful.

Holly and Steve said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad she is doing so well:)