Sunday, May 10, 2009

London Update...my purple girl...


Just trying to keep everyone updated on our little London...
It has been an ok past week...some progress and some low points. Last Sunday, they had to give London a blood transfusion because her blood count was so low. She was also having trouble breathing and kept D-stating (forgetting to breath and dropping her heart rate). They increased her calorie rate yet again so she is on a super super high calorie formula plus human growth hormones. Currently, London weighs 3lbs. 7oz. They are working on weening her out of her isolette since she is almost 3 1/2 lbs...the bench mark for being in a bassinet/crib. She still has her oxygen on but we are still hoping that she can get it off soon. I can't believe it has been 4 weeks since she was born! London got a stuffed lamb from Grandma Rupp which is actually a 3 inch finger puppet and yet it is almost too big for her little size and she can fit her whole hand in the finger hole. The first picture is of London in a premie onsie...still huge on her! I have to say that this hospital is great at dressing London. They have so many people donate blankets and clothes. We have gotten onsies and little dresses and blankets and hats...she is a purple girl...she looks terrific in purple with her dark hair.




This picture shows a great representation of how little London is...compared to the 3 inch finger puppet...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I love the little hat she has! I'm sorry that things are kind of tough! Why is she on the growth hormone? We give Tayton shots every night of GH! I hope things start looking up! I did a lot of that same stuff with Tayton... adding calories and he was still not growing! I know it can be frustrating! We will keep you in our prayers!

Meredith said...

We are keeping your little girl in our prayers and hoping that each week she gets better and better!! And Em- I think she looks a lot like you! She has your little mouth I think. I'm sure that you can hardly wait to get her home- I can't even imagine....

Shannon said...

She does look beautiful in purple...and pink...and I imagine, any other color you put on her. She is just cute! Hope she continues to do well.