We have now hit the 5 week mark. London has had lots of ups and downs this week. Her breathing has been all over the place and so she still has her oxygen on. She is still in her
isolette since she can't quite maintain her own temperature yet but she is close. London is up to 3 lbs. 14oz...were almost to 4 big pounds! She has been having trouble with her digestive system and bowels again and so they did x-rays this afternoon to see what was going on and they are watching her to see is she has developed N.E.C. (pronounced "neck") ( i think that is the initials for it...i
don't know). They will do another x-ray tonight and then tomorrow morning to see how things are looking. So that means they put her back on an iv and are holding her feedings for now until they figure out what is going on. On the positive side, London got her first bottle on Friday. She did really well with it. I had prepared myself for the worst since
Brayden had such a hard time learning to eat but London did really well. She drank half of the bottle and then the poor little thing was so worn out she went to sleep but I am not complaining...15 out of 30
cc's is good! (That's 1/2 an ounce she drank). She only gets one bottle a day and then rest of her feedings are done through a tube since she
doesn't have enough energy to do more right now...or so the doctors tell us. We are trying to take it one day at a time but it can be frustrating. After 5 long weeks, I am ready for London to come home. But, I am
grateful that she is getting the care that she needs and is doing as well as she is. Things could be a lot worse. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I am cherishing my sleep at night though since I know it will all go out the window when she comes home and then a chance of a nap during the day with
Brayden and her will be slim to none. It is nice to have some energy again and not be pregnant and to wear regular clothes...well most of them. If I actually started running or something maybe they would all fit but I will get there eventually. We are hoping for a good week so that London is closer to coming home and being with us!
1 comment:
that is great she is making some progress, I will keep you guys in our prayers that her digestive stuff isnt NEC, Zach went through that. That is great she's almost 4 pounds!! great news!!
Post a Comment