I video below is of Brayden walking with his toy he can push. He does pretty good walking with it on his own. What does this mean...? Yes, mom has almost lost control because soon enough Brayden will be walking. If that was not enough, we have had some events in the past week that have shown me just how much control i am losing...
Example 1-on Thursday morning, I was awakened by Brayden crying just like I am every morning. So, I got out of bed and went to go get him out of his crib. When I opened his door, to my surprise, he was on the floor surround by his toys! I was so confused. Granted, I had just woken up...but still confused. It turns out that Brayden had climbed out of his crib, fallen to the floor, began playing with toys, pulled himself on the bookcase that has some of his toys on it and when he pulled too hard to get some toys down, he fell over and began crying. This is how I found him. I can't believe that he didn't even cry when he fell out of his crib! Either he was so excited to get out that he didn't care or he had the wind knocked out of him and couldn't cry. Maybe and probably both. I was really freaked out by the whole incident and needless to say, the crib is now at the lowest possible setting where he is not tall enough to climb out of it.
Example 2- On Saturday night, we were having dinner and Brayden was sitting in his high chair eating with us. When we were done, I began putting stuff away and then went to get Brayden out. I took off his high chair tray and turned around to set it on the counter. At that moment, Jason got up to take his plate to the sink. In that split second, Brayden decides he wants something off the table and goes to reach for it. He ends up doing a head dive to the floor and starts screaming bloody murder. The amazing part was that when he fell, he feel under the table and luckily, he was curled up enough that he cleared the table edge.
Yes, I know it is a wobbly world out there...Brayden takes his fair share of bumps and falls trying to walk, climb, up, into and, onto things and it is only going to get worse for a while...but what does this all mean...? Yes...I am slowly losing control. Oh well...such is life!
Over the Hill, Onto the Next One.
1 year ago

2 comments:
Congrats on baby #2! So how far apart will your kids be? My little boy and girl are 12 months apart... and as much as I wouldn't trade it for the world I must say the first few months (in the dead of -40 degree Iowa Winter) was really hard. I prayed a lot. Your little boy is adorable! It sounds like he's an active little guy, as you are now entering the "suicide watch" stage of parenthood. (a.k.a. babies testing their limits doing all sorts of crazy things). I hope you're feeling well and I wish I could buy your house in Hawaii! :-)
EM! Congrats on having a girl. We are having a boy! I found out yesterday. I'm due July 18th (the day after my birthday!)...pretty crazy! It will be the best birthday present I've ever gotten by far. We're naming him Macsen Parker...and I'm actually really excited to be having a boy first for some reason. I was hoping to get to buy dresses and skirts, but this will be wonderful too. I hope things are good with you guys...Brayden is getting so big, I can't believe it.
Post a Comment