Shortly after the funeral was Emily's 25th birthday. She told me that she really wanted to do a getaway. (She's been telling me that for years, but I finally listened to her this time). We decided to go somewhere fun and new, so we decided to try Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. (home of Dollywood). We weren't sure what to expect, but found a nice little hotel where we could relax and enjoy life. Grandma & Grandpa Rupp volunteered to watch the kids for the 2 nights we were gone, which I am very grateful for. We drove up Thursday night and enjoyed the sound of kid freedom all night. Friday we explored and found some great little shops. (They have a bunch of Christmas shops there open all year round, one even had a fancy hotel that we had to check out. It was a very nice place with Christmas themes and decorations up. If we ever make it back there, that's where we are staying.) We took advantage of our kid freedom and went and saw a movie, and then played some miniature golf. (I tried to let Emily win because I know how competitive she is, but she was too impatient for some of the obstacles, and from time to time I have to use some of my mad skills and remind her why she married me). On Saturday we got to have our favorite Golden Corral breakfast buffet with unlimited bacon, and then went for a little hike in the Smoky Mountains before coming back home. It was a great trip and I think she convinced me to do these getaways a little more often. A very Happy Birthday to my beautiful bride! What an amazing wife she is to me and wonderful mother she is to our children. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her as my eternal companion, but I'm very grateful I do. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. I love you Emily for all that you do and all that you are!
Over the Hill, Onto the Next One.
1 year ago

1 comment:
Kirk and the kids love pigeon forge. It has one of favorite aquariums, the ripleys believe or not, if you believe it, very fun! I'm so glad you got away!! grandparents rock!
Post a Comment