Monday, June 28, 2010

50th Birthday Suprise Party

On May 22nd, my sisters and I threw my parents a surprise 50th birthday party. We started planning it months before it actually took place and both Lizzie and AmyAnn flew in for the party. It was hard to keep the surprise or rather to get my parents to come to the party. It was the day of my mom's actual birthday and they had been planning to be on the lake all day. Finally, I had to tell my dad that I had planned a surprise for mom and that he needed to get her to the party. The morning of the party, Lizzie and AmyAnn both flew in on red eye flights. I picked the up from the airport and we began getting things ready. Lizzie was in charge of invitations, AmyAnn decorations, and I was in charge of the food and cake. In the end, we were really glad my parents even made it to the party as the boat broke down on the lake earlier in the afternoon. However, my dad knew that I had a surprise so they hurried and came to the party. The party turned out great and was even better when AmyAnn and Lizzie walked out. Thanks to the Mowers' for letting us have the party at your house. Happy 50th mom and dad!
50 candles!
The birthday cake!
My mom crying after Lizzie and AmyAnn walked out.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AmyAnn said...

Tender memories. It was a great party. You did great with the food Em!!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

What a beautiful cake and party. You are so talented. And congrats on the new little baby girl soon to join the fam. :)