Thursday, April 1, 2010

???

What does chick-fil-A ice cream...lots of meat...

and doughnuts have in common?
That would be my current pregnancy cravings...
yep...
you are not hallucinating...
Baby Sessions #3 here we come!
Ok, now that you have stopped hyperventilating....well that was me..and you have accepted that we are going to the crazy house....sit back and enjoy our crazy story of how this all came about...
Actually, its not so crazy and it has not been a spontaneous decision...rather the hardest decision I have ever had to make.
All along, we have known that we had to have our children as quickly as possible for medical reasons. Brayden was our honeymoom baby and then 1 year and 12 days after he was born, London came along. I was totally ok with no more kids...at least for a good long time...and then life happened and my plan went out the window when the doctor told me that my only options were to have another child or have a hysterectomy due to medical complications that I have been having. We knew there was another little one for our family and after agonizing over the decision for weeks and weeks, I came to the bottom line realization that I could never live with myself if I did not let this little one join our family. Hence..here we are once again with baby #3!
I have been freaked out about having 3 under 3! My biggest issue was that I was out of arms, we needed a bigger car, and how in the heck was I going to handle my little circus?! While I don't have answers to most of my questions, I do know that we are doing the right thing and somehow it will all work out.
The current due date is November 8th, so, therefore, we are expecting this baby in September. My goal is to make it to 30 weeks! I am guessing it is going to be a boy as these past 2 months have been very similar to my pregnancy with Brayden so far but who knows...I do know this will be our last baby and so I am trying to enjoy the roller coaster ride of being pregnant because I know i will never experience it again. That means i am indulging cravings and trying to take more naps and just trying to enjoy myself.
So there you have it...our happy news!




9 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

Congratulations, Emily! I will have 3 kids 3 and under, but not for long. Alec's and Lyssa will both have birthdays a few months later. Still, I say why not have them close together! They'll all grow up together, likely fighting part of the time, but playing together with their built in playmates! I'm due in September and for some odd reason I think I'm having a boy too. :-) Congrats!!

Ashley said...

I was also told that if I wanted to have biological children, I needed be done by the time I was 30. For us though, we're pretty sure "2" is our number. Which is a relief for us because the acquisition of children is really expensive in the Rittman home.

Congratulations on Sessions #3 and we'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Meredith said...

Holy crap. I thought for sure this was an April fools joke until I read on.....I cannot imagine being pregnant with another one and Cameron is a little older than London......you are wild!

Emily Rupp Sessions said...

thanks mer you install lots of confidence...:)

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Hey, if it's right it's right. I admire your faith and confidence in the Lord. You'll be alright. Enjoy it now and take the hard times in stride. I am sure it will all go by too quickly, and before you know it they will all be out of the house and off to college. That's what all of the older folk keep telling me anyway. Congrats! Happy day!

Cortney Clegg said...

That's great news! YES, it might be crazy for a while, but what a blessing to be welcoming another little one so close to your 2 other cuties...they will be best buddies growing up! Congrats!

Hannalee said...

Congratulations!! Crazy and wild but very happy news too! :)

Bonnie said...

well we didn't get to really plan any of ours either, so they all come along as it's supposed to happen! Plus you two have such cute kids!!

Katie Brady said...

WOW Congratulations!!! I hope everything goes well.. at least as well as it can!! Let us know if you are coming out to Utah at all this summer! We would love to see you! Im so jealous my mom and Mindi got to see you and the babies! Good luck! Love you!