Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A rare spare moment...


Tonight, as I find myself with a rare spare moment, I decided I need to take the time to update the blog. I have decided it is my new form of scrapbooking/family history and I am going to have my blogs printed out and put in a book. One of these days...

I feel like my life is always going 90 miles an hour and maybe even 110 miles an hour now that we have moved into our new house. We moved in August 1st and thanks to the wonderful help of the Elders Quorm we did it in about 2 hours. Now the unpacking (my job) is another story...for the most part we are unpacked and set up but there are still a few boxes here and there...mostly things we are going to sell, get rid of, or i don't know where to put. We'll get there someday...

Aside from moving, unpacking, and making sure life keeps going on yes, I had a birthday on the 8th. Jason was in Athens all day at student orientation and so it was me and the kids. We stopped by my parents and said hi and then the next day, Sunday, my mom made me a terrific stake dinner complete with a birthday cake. Thanks mom! I have to say...I feel so much older than 24 years old....maybe it has something to do with having 2 kids and a husband that is almost 8 years older than i am. It doesn't really matter though...its only a number.

Beyond that...I can't believe that Brayden is 16 months old now (yes, I can't wait for in 2 months when he gets to go to nursery!!!)! What really gets me is that London is already 4 months old. It felt like time stood still while she was in the hospital and since she has been home it has flown by!!! I really had a baby 4 months ago? London continues to be a terrific little baby and is slowly getting out of her newborn stage. She has more awake periods of time and enjoys laying at her kick and play looking around, and batting at the colors and toys. She is about 10 pounds now and looks huge to me. She is really long, with a long torso (did not get that one from me!) and a skinny little thing. We go to the doctor next week so i can give a more updated report then. Thank goodness London is so easy because Brayden keeps me plenty busy! His current favorite thing is to read his books! He is obsessed with his books. Which is a good thing. I am all for promoting reading! Brayden is also doing better around London and will actually come snuggle next to me while i am holding her which he would not do at all before. Also big news that is keeping me busy is the fact that Brayden began climbing. I went to the bathroom and came out 2 seconds later to find Brayden scaling the bookcase. What was he going for? A picture of Jason and I.

Jason continues to keep on the go with construction work, school, and being an assistant scout master. How he does it all? I don't know but we sure love him and are grateful for him!

I also found out today than i can sell my cupcakes at the football games so i need to start getting that prepared and going because the first home game is in 2 weeks! oh lots to do!!!...



Yes, this is a real picture. He climbed up into his dumb truck and was reading his books.

My lolly dolly hanging out
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AmyAnn said...

Cute pictures Em! Congrats on getting the cupcakes gig! I am sure you will do great!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help ...maybe make cute tags, etc.

Meredith said...

I wanna see some pictures of your new place! Whenever you can find the time! :) Glad to hear things are going so well for you.