I was talking to one of my friends on the phone and she asked what the heck our family had been up to since we moved to Atlanta....well here is a run down of our life currently...
Jason-Jason has spent the past 4 1/2 months doing lots of different things including applying for mass amounts of jobs, remodeling my mom's pantry, holding down the fort while I was in the hospital and making a ton of trips to the hospital to see me and then London. Jason has also been extremely busy doing lots of remodeling and handy man work and has gotten so busy he has a waiting list now. The hot things to remodel...the master bath. He is now working on his 3rd bathroom in the past 2 months. Jason is also doing some consulting and estimating for an hvac company on the side. Jason is the Assistant Scout Master for the 11 year olds and loves it!
Emily- What the heck have I been up to? The biggest thing...trying not to go insane! Besides having London, living at the hospital, bring London home, going to lots and lots of doctors appointments, teaching Brayden to walk, working on Brayden learning to talk, keeping the family happy I have also started up my cake business. Business has actually been pretty good and I am currently set to sell gourmet cupcakes at the high school football games this fall. I'm a little scared since it is such a big commitment and they estimate I can sell about 1,000 cupcakes a night. I am not starting at 1,000 though....we will see how the first game goes. Besides making good money, at least that is the plan, it will be a great marketing tool and really get me in the door with the community. I am the ward community welfare resource specialist for our ward....in the short that means I help people get set up with community resources that can benefit them.
Brayden-Brayden is so busy we can't keep him busy enough. Since being in Atlanta, Brayden has learned to walk and is working on explaining his vocabulary. Brayden loves to figure out how things work and is very attached to his blankie. Brayden now has 7 teeth and is working on getting in all 4 of his molars...not fun. Brayden is adjusting to having a sister and is generally a happy...and loud...little boy.
London-Little London is such a good little baby. She still pretty much eats and sleep all the time. She has to in order to keep up with how fast she is growing. On average, London grows about an ounce and a half a day....has grown 5 inches since being born and gained about 5 pounds. London is doing great and we love her lots!
As a family, we are working on finding a place to live. We put in our notice to end our storage unit contract so we are trying to find something by the beginning of August. We are trying to stay in the ward boundaries but having a hard time finding something we can afford. We'll see where we end up. Jason is getting ready to start school in a month and we are all loving being here for the boating season. Jason is getting awesome at doing jumps on the wake board and finally managed to jump the entire wake which is hard to do on a water ski boat. Way to go hon!
Over the Hill, Onto the Next One.
1 year ago

2 comments:
That is awesome that you are starting up a cake business- I miss your cakes! I don't know how you do it- you must be one busy Mom! Good for you. It was fun to hear what you are all up to.
You guys have been so busy! Glad to hear that everything is going well!
Post a Comment