I missed the hospital so much that I decided to come back from a second stay with this little baby....J/K!!! After being moved to the "longer term" room today, I guess it is inevitable...I am stuck in the hospital until this baby is born. We had quite the scare on Friday afternoon when I started hemorrhaging out. We rushed to the hospital where things have been crazy...however..they seem to be slowing down now. My case seemed to have caught the attention of every high risk nurse, doctor, noenatologist, and perinatologist here at the hospital and everyone wanted to get in on the action of what was going on. We thought they were going to have to give me a blood transfusion and then a possible C section but so far we have been able to avoid it. My blood count doesn't seem to want to go up but it isn't dropping so for now we are ok. The baby is doing great though so that is good! The doctors have come to the conclusion that I have a placental abruption (a tear in the placenta) and it doesn't help that I keep "going into labor" with contractions and then stopping. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and they are trying to keep me so till about 30-31 weeks...so for a few more weeks. Although they won't stop me, if i do go into labor due to the placental abruption. And lucky us....they are telling us that there is a 90% chance this baby will be born a C section due to complications and risks.
With all of my free time and just sitting here, I couldn't help but count my blessings and see the silver lining to all of this going on. First, it has been a huge, huge, huge blessing living with my parents. With all of this going on I know that Brayden is in great hands with dad and grandma and grandpa. Thank you mom and dad for all you guys do and for all of your help. We couldn't do it with out you! (My parents had left the day before I went into the hospital this time, to go on vacation to Panama City FL for a week. When they found out what was going on, they turned around...after only being in FL for 1 day, and drove back home to be here and help with Braden) I have such terrific parents and I love you both! Jason, my sweet husband, has also been a huge blessing. Of course, marrying Jason was the best decision that I ever made and it continues to be and will always be! Jason has been such a sweetheart through all of this. He so selflessly has taken on the role of caring for Brayden and is such a great father! Not only that but he takes such good care of me...calming my worries and and doubts, giving me extra hugs and kisses and being the sweetheart that he is! I love you Jason! You are my everything! I couldn't do this without you nor would I want to. Another silver lining has been all of the wonderful doctors and nurses here at the hospital. With Brayden, I constantly felt like I was being belittled and felt stupid by the doctors and nurses. Here, all of the staff is so nice and helpful. Not once has anyone made me feel dumb for asking a question.
I'm not thrilled about being here in the hospital for so long. I feel horrible that I am not at home with my family and that I am not with my Brayden. I also know that this is where i need to be also. I am grateful, at the moment, that Jason is unemployed so that he can be there to help with ever thing going on.
I will keep you updated on any exciting developments!
Over the Hill, Onto the Next One.
1 year ago

6 comments:
We will definitely keep you and your little baby in our prayers, Emily. This year has just be tough....when will it be over?!
You are in our prayers Em! We know it will all work out! I think with all your down time you should write a book! I will call you more about it later! Love you!
You guys will be in our prayers! You have so much going on right now and you are still so positive!
...just to let you know...bonecrusher is my husband...not some scary man writing on your blog. ...anyways, back to the topic at hand....
You guys will definately be in our prayers! I hope that you aren't in too much pain either. I tried calling you the other day but I think I have the wrong number. Call me some time and we'll chat! Good luck with everything!
Oh Emily! That is horrible- I am so sorry. I am so glad to hear that everything is still ok with the baby. You are in our prayers!!!
You are such a positive person. I hope you know there are a lot of people thinking about you, including me. Get wel and hang in there.
Post a Comment