Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holding London for the 1st time and an update...

I know that everyone has been asking for an update on London and new pictures. I have been too sore and tired and am just getting around to an update. London is doing great! She dropped down to 2lbs. 3oz but is gaining the weight back slowly and is now at 2lbs 6.5oz. She got put under the blue lights for jaundice for a couple days but she got them turned off yesterday afternoon. Today, she tried to pull out her CPAP breathing aid and so the doctor switched her to a nasal canola where she has the regular nose tube. Now we can actually see her face! She is still having trouble getting her intestines to work and hasn't been allowed to eat for 3 or 4 days now and has just been iv fluids. The doctor is hopeful that she can start eating again as soon as tomorrow. We finally got to hold London for the first time on Tuesday night which I was so excited about! I was feeling sad that after 4 days, I still hadn't been able to hold her yet and so it made my whole day to be able to. We are so proud of our little London and happy that she is continuing to do well.
Brayden wearing his I'm a big brother pin.
Em holding London for the first time. She is so ity-bity! Such a change from holding Brayden who is like a solid bag of bricks!

Jason the proud dad! He already calls London his princess...she has him wrapped around her little tiny finger already.
4/16/09 The first picture of London where you can actually see her face. She has dark dark hair...almost black, and it's curly! I know she looks big in the picture but without her CPAP on she looks so much tinnier. We determined that her head is the size of a baseball and her diapers are the cutest little things there is. They are special made for hospitals and about 2 inches by 2 inches...like a little doll diaper (smaller than a regular preemie diaper!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow- I can't imagine waiting 4 days to hold your baby. That must have been so terrible- I am happy to hear that you finally got that baby in your arms!

Jen said...

Emily, congratulations to all of you. Little Miss London is just precious, and I pray that she will grow healthy and strong and come home to you soon. And I hope YOU are getting much- deserved rest. All my love.

Lindsey said...

Look at all that hair! She is so precious. I can't believe how little she is. I would be scared to hold her! You guys are in my prayers.

Mindi said...

Emily- I am so glad everything is going well for you and your little family. I've just been bawling reading your blog...probably the post-baby hormones...but we live so close now we should arrange a visit when everything calms down. Hope everything continues going well!