Monday, January 26, 2009

A childhood favorite revisited...


I grew up with Thrift drugstores and Thrifty ice cream. Well, Rite-Aid took over Thrifty and I have discovered that, at least some of the stores in northern CA, still have the Thrifty ice cream counter. I was really excited to discover this and we have one not too far away from our house! So, on Saturday, we took a family trip to Rite-Aid and got ice cream cones. The ice cream is still as good as ever and the prices are actually pretty cheap ($1 for a single scoop and 2$ for a 3 scoop waffle cone..much to Jason's delight!) While we were trying to decide on the flavors to get, the ice cream lady made the comment that Brayden was probably too little for ice cream. Immediately, he got a frown on his face and began to cry. It was pretty funny. He had a few licks at the store but today, I made another ice cream cone and shared it with Brayden and he thoroughly enjoyed it as you can tell from the picture. I am so happy that I found this find of thrifty ice cream again!

2 comments:

AmyAnn said...

Thirfty ice cream is the best! I can't believe you only just now re-discovered it! I think having Thrifty ice cream again was one of the highlights of moving back to California! Love it, love it!

Meredith said...

Yeah, seriously the fabric is adorable and I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it was. We really liked that! I had a great shower- I can't believe that I haven't done a post on it yet. I wish that you were in Utah- we missed ya. :( Your post made me hungry for ice cream. I know what I'm eating tonight!