Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A lesson in patience...and something i just dont get...

I know that I haven't posted anything in a while and it is simply for the fact that one, I have no energy what so ever. I could go to bed and sleep all day long and still feel like I am still tired and have been run over by a truck...two, I feel like my life is boring and I do the same thing everyday. Since Thanksgiving, it is obvious that the Lord is out to teach me some patience. Since we got home from Utah, Brayden has been a mess! I keep waiting for Brayden's teeth to come but we still have none. His gums, both top and bottom are swollen with white swollen bumps where his teeth are coming and clearly it hurts him. We keep Motrin and orajel on hand and with us at all times! He has also developed a whiny cry type scream that he seems to really enjoy using since he does it all day long! This week has been much better but last week was not fun! We are praying that his teeth come in soon!!! Brayden is also very frustrated that he isn't crawling. He just cant seem to put it all together yet and it drives him nuts. He wants to go explore and get into everything and he cant. Another reason for his whiny cry. On a fun note, Brayden not only feeds himself his bottles now but he eats just about anything with the exception of meat. He has to try everything we eat or he screams. I love the selection of food i can give him now.

On another note, I keep seeing this and I just don't get it...maybe someone can shed some light on it for me...

1. Everywhere I look, I see people buying alcohol. Grocery stores and most of all at Costco and Sams Club. The past two trips to Costco, I have seen people in front of me or in lines next to me spend over a 1,000$ on alcohol. Then, you always see people who look like they can barley take care of themselves and their families buying it. I don't get it. Why do you want to drink something that makes you lose control and takes away your freedom and two, how do people aford it? What a waste of money! I just don't get it...

Up next...a post of our family Christmas letter. Check back soon to read it!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry things aren't going that well. I swear babies spend the entire first year either in a growth spurt or teething. It can make it very difficult, that's for sure!! Isn't it amazing that babies as young as ours can throw tantrums. Dallin went through a phase like that too...it was like he was seeing what he could get away with. It didn't last long though.

About the alcohol thing...I'm surprised by it too but to everyone else drinking isn't a "negative" thing. They enjoy it and they enjoy doing it with friends and family. I think around the holidays it's almost like a tradition. If you enjoyed something a lot, you would spend money on it too. It doesn't make is "right", but it is what it is. And to think where all that money could go... ;)

K Sue said...

I know what you mean about the alcohol. Where do people get money to spend on such expensive drinks? Totally don't get that either.

Why doesn't Brayden eat meat? Does he not like it?

Meredith said...

Oh, the exhaustion of it all. I feel for ya- hang in there!! Seriously, I am huge. I want him to be healthy and come early....or at least not be over 9 pounds, right? I do want to live through the experience! Can you imagine what I will look like at 40 week? Seriously, I don't think that I will be able to walk!