Tuesday, November 16, 2010

one long, unexpected, full of blessings month...

i have been horrible at updating once again...sorry. This past month has been a weird one as we have had a little bit of everything going on at our house.

Amazingly, well i think it is super awesome, in October, i had my hysterectomy surgery. I wasn't supposed to have it until after the new year. But once again i decided, on a Sunday morning as always, to start having problems that led to an immediate visit to the er. According to the doctors, the problem was not related to needing to have the surgery but after losing blood for 48 hours constantly, i need a transfusion anyway so the doctor went ahead and did it. I may have begged the doctors too...anyway, they did the surgery, i woke up to amazing amounts of pain, went through a lot of pain killers, and two blood transfusions later i was good to go. I feel great and am so excited to begin a life without these problems and pain and all that mess!!! note-i feel good in the healing sense and not the doped up on narcotics sense thank you...

On another happy note, Jason got his scholarship reinstated! yay! UGA gave him a scholarship when he applied and got into their MBA program but then took it away because they claimed we were not ga residents. We appealed but they didn't care. Since he started his second and last year of the program, we appealed again and were granted ga residency this time...sadly on the basis that our child is buried in ga...but every little bit of money saved helps! Jason has also been busy with work and his scouts. He has been cracking the whip on his scouts to get their acts together and do their stuff.

All I can say is that, if it is even possible, Brayden fell even more in love with dirt and trucks. The kid can't put two words together but he can tell you the name of every kind of truck and piece of construction equipment. He also loves my in-laws dog max and always asks to go see it. He loves to get down and wrestle with the dog and chase it all around. But no we are not getting a dog!!

London has all of a sudden just taken off. We have left the baby stage behind and are full swing into toddlerdom. She is a talker and has tons of new words everyday. She is working on holding her own against Brayden which causes lots more drama but we are working on it. London also traded her crib for a big girl bed and will finally go down the stairs on her own..most of the time. That has been a long time coming.

Besides that stuff and the normal day to day of life I have also become more obsessed with couponing. I will write a blog about it another time. It is my mormon form of crack. I have also been addicted to crafting this past month and done a ton of stuff. I came to the realization that I do crafts and make things as a way to deal with grief. These past few weeks have been really hard for me as it was Madison's due date. Not that we ever expected her to be born on her due date but it more made me think that maybe, finally, she would be able to be coming home from the hospital and be with our family. Thanks to everyone who gave me support especially Mealina when i called her to vent because i was so angry that the hospital had sent me a "thinking of you on your due date" card.

We are excited for the holidays and i have been scoping out black friday deals...My sister and I have big black friday plans! pictures to come...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I have been thinking about you this month....I know that it must just make your loss so much more difficult. I only wish that there was something that I could do to help. I hope that you guys are doing well! I'm so glad that you're recovering well from your surgery and I hope that all of your medical problems are now far behind you. You certainly deserve a lifelong break from them!

I am actually pretty excited to read your post about couponing....your Mormon crack! hahaha....