Thursday, May 13, 2010

Adventures with babies...

Each day is an adventure with the kids. Some days, I want to scream and then most days we laugh about all the little things that happen. Some days are a matter of survival and then others just seem to sail right by with everything going OK. Such is life...

Tonight, we had a funny experience that I wanted to write down since this is my new form of scrapbooking. We put London and Brayden to bed around 8pm. They currently share a room and as London has gotten more Mobil the room sharing is not going well. London constantly provokes Brayden by standing at the railing of the crib and giggling and babbling away. Thus, Brayden hears her beckon call to come play and he happily climbs out of his bed and gets into her crib. We try to be really consistent and when we catch Brayden in her crib he gets a swat but the tears last about 30 seconds, just long enough for us to close the door and get back to doing something and he is right back in. London is increasingly more and more just as guilty as Brayden since she provokes him.

Anyway...we put the kids to bed and began watching on our the TV show(s) that we like to watch together. We were sitting on our bed, watching the show on the Internet. We could hear Brayden and London playing but we were ignoring them hoping that they would eventually wear out and fall to sleep. About 30 minutes after being put to bed, out walks Brayden of his room, which was a surprise, since we have turned around the doorknob so we can lock the door, with the full approval of our pediatrician might i add, and on top of it Brayden has taken off his pajamas, which he is very into getting himself dressed and undressed all the time, and he has also taken off his diaper. We haven't really ventured into that area too much so we were surprised to see his little bare bottom running down the hall to our room. Brayden climbs onto our bed and in the room we hear London giggling away. We just have to laugh because at that point what else are we going to do. Jason went and got London out of the crib when he finds that Brayden has peed on the carpet. London is all smiles and being as cute a button in any attempt to stay out of bed. We restart our show, with kids sitting on the bed with us and Brayden back in a diaper. Good thing the show was almost over since all London wanted to do was crawl to the computer to touch the buttons and Brayden wanted to jump on the bed. We played with the kids, finished our show, and put them back to bed. Sometimes you just have to laugh or you would go crazy....

And these days Baby 1 and 2 aren't the only things keeping us on our toes...baby number 3 wants to give us a run for our money too. I know lots of people have been wondering what is going on with this baby and pregnancy so here is the abbreviated scoop.

Last Tuesday, I went in to have some oral surgery. The surgery went fine, I went home and sleep most of the day in a drug induced slumber. Around 11pm, I woke up find that I was hemorrhaging. I thought I was dreaming it but when I got out of bed I assuredly was not. I got Jason which was good because I started to go into shock. Luckily, my dad was on his way home from a bishopric meeting and was able to come right over and help Jason give me a blessing. In the meantime, we had called the labor and delivery department of the hospital and talked with a nurse. She told us we needed to come in...which I knew but I wanted confirmation as well. My dad stayed with the kids, who were asleep anyway, and we headed to the ER. They did all the blood work and a long ultrasound and found that the baby was OK. They called it a placental hemorrhage and a couple of hours later sent us home with orders to follow up with my dr tomorrow. Note, the surgery and problem were not realted...it was just a coincidence which was another reason we went to the hospital. Needless to say, I got put on bed rest for a good week until things got better. This morning, I went back in for a follow up ultrasound and they could actually see the problem on the ultrasound this time. So pretty much the end result is that this problem will keep happening, as it happened with both Brayden and London only much later in the pregnancy, and I have to just take it easy until the next episode. When that happens I'll be back on bed rest and we will start over. The Dr's are 90% certain this will happen again and everyones goal is just to make it to 30 weeks. I start hormone therapies next week, which is supposed to help stabilize the environment for the baby but who knows...until then...the fun continues...In happy news, in 2 weeks we find out what are having! Take the poll and tell us what you think we are having...a boy or girl?

5 comments:

The Allred Family said...

I somehow skipped the post that announced you were pregnant. When i read it in this post I thoughy I read incorrectly then I scrolled down and read the previous post. congrats!

Chrissy Jo said...

I'm glad you're doing okay, Emily. I'm sorry you're dealing with this stuff earlier this time around than last. What a blessing that you have family so close! I have a good friend here in Iowa who has trouble carrying babies and your story sounds very similar. Even though she's months behind me everyone is crossing their fingers that she can keep her babies in until a few weeks after I deliver my baby. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers over the next few months.

Bonnie said...

Wow that is so much all at once! I'm so glad you laugh and enjoy the good moments, or turn the frustrating experiences into good ones!! I'm so glad you are keeping us all posted on here!!

Meredith said...

Oh Emily- that is horrible! I am sorry that you are going through all of that again....especially so early on this time. Hang in there and take it very easy!!

That is a funny story about the kids.....note to self: don't put young children in the same room together! :)

Cortney Clegg said...

Haha! I loved that story of Brayden & London...these are the kinds of things they will LOVE hearing about when they are older.
You are such a trooper with these pregnancy troubles...I would be a basket case. My prayers will be with you for a (relatively) uneventful pregnancy. :)